Over 200 people from a range of different backgrounds (primary, secondary and tertiary teaching; science; mathematics; the arts; politics; technology; philosophy and thinking skills) have presented programs for G.A.T.E.WAYS since 1994.
G.A.T.E.WAYS is interested to talk with and engage presenters of the highest quality in Melbourne, Canberra, Sydney and Brisbane. A given presenter will be:
- Expert in a given field or fields
- Passionate about the field and able to convey this enthusiasm to children
- An excellent communicator
- An excellent and innovative teacher
- Knowledgeable about the special needs of gifted children, how they learn, and how to provide a differentiated curriculum for these children
- Creative, flexible and skilled in terms of curriculum development and delivery. Programs will be inquiry based, with lots of hands-on activities, problem solving, higher- order thinking skills. Popular programs are those which are scenario-based, ‘hypotheticals’ or mysteries – children love learning embedded within such a framework. Programs will take children well beyond the regular curriculum
- Able to work with G.A.T.E.WAYS on program development
- Willing and able to travel throughout the metropolitan area and be prepared to do some interstate work
A G.A.T.E.WAYS presenter will be:
- Challenged and developed – we know that talented people are the key to G.A.T.E.WAYS success
- Part of a fabulous team of interesting, enthusiastic individuals
- Valued by parents, teachers and the children themselves for your great programs
- Engaged on a flexible ‘per program’ contract basis. Talented presenters have the opportunity to do as little or as much work as it suits them and us in any given term. There is no full-time engagement.
G.A.T.E.WAYS requires presenters to
- Have an Australian Business Number
- Have Victorian Institute of teaching registration OR a Working With Children Certificate, or the equivalent interstate document
- Have a Certificate in the First Aid Management of Anaphylaxis 22300VIC, or the equivalent interstate document
- Provide their own teaching materials and equipment
G.A.T.E.WAYS wants to talk to people from all fields, but especially those with expertise in children’s literature, language and writing; all areas of science, mathematics, problem solving/thinking skills, philosophy, spoken English (debating/public speaking), politics/world issues; history; art and drama.
Contact us for further information.