Teacher online nominations will commence in Term 1. Read the following instructions and if you have require assistance, please phone G.A.T.E.WAYS on 03 9894 2116.
Expressing interest in online nominations
In order for you to nominate children for a particular host venue/s, G.A.T.E.WAYS needs to give the system permission for you to do so. Please email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know which venues you would like your students to have the opportunity of attending. You can view all 2016 venues by referring to the calendar on the home page.
Only teachers can nominate students for a Journeys program and they must set up a school account before entering names onto the G.A.T.E.WAYS system.
Setting up an account
- G.A.T.E.WAYS has emailed a user name and password to schools. If you cannot locate this information, ring the G.A.T.E.WAYS office on (03) 9894 2116 or email email@example.com .
- Go the G.A.T.E.WAYS website www.gateways.edu.au and follow the links to Programs and then to Journeys.
- Click on ‘New Account Holders’ and enter the user name and password provided.
- You will now have access to all currently enrolling programs in your area and any other venues that you have specifically requested.
- When entering children’s names into the system subsequently, you can login as an Existing Account Holder
- Note the particular focus area of a given Journey. Participants must demonstrate interest and ability in that area.
- Select up to 4 children from each of the Year levels 1/2, 3/4 and 5/6.
- Please check dates of the program carefully to ensure they do not conflict with school commitments (eg school photos, excursions, concerts, sports’ days etc). Once enrolments are finalised we are unable to give parents refunds.
- Email parents of selected children a program brochure or a link to the relevant pdf on our website, as well as an Expression of Interest.
- Once a parent has confirmed an interest in their child being nominated, go to the G.A.T.E.WAYS website and sign into your school account.
- You will see a list of Journeys that you can nominate children for. Select 'Manage' from the 'ACTION' column.
- Go to 'Unassigned Students' and either select 'Add Existing Student' ( ie. someone who you have already previously nominated on the system) or 'Add New Student'.
- If 'adding' (nominating) a new student, enter the child's name and year level.
- Issue a user name and password for the student, using the following format Username: firstname.lastname eg ben.smith; Password: firstnamelastname eg bensmith You will only have to do this once for a given student
- If you are unable to use this user name and password ( for example, if it was already allocated to another student on our system), just add the initials of your school after the surname eg mgpa (Mountain Gate PS) or sbggs ( Strathcona Baptist Girls' Grammar School).
- Enter a parent/guardian's email address very carefully and then confirm this address - do not cut and paste.
- Enter the other compulsory fields and click ''Add'.
- Following a child’s nomination going onto our system, the parent will automatically be notified by email. To progress from a teacher nomination to a confirmed place in the program, the parent must enter some further details on their child. This amounts to setting up a child’s account and this only has to be done once. They will then be prompted to complete the enrolment by doing an online payment.
- If there is still a place in the program, the enrolment will be processed, and the parent will receive a receipt and a link to further information.
- If the program is full, the transaction will not be proceed, and the parent will receive an email telling them that the child is now on the waiting list.
- Should a vacancy arise in a previously full program, those on the waiting list will be automatically advised by email and can attempt to confirm the place. There is no priority system in place for those on the waiting list. Vacancies will be filled on a ‘first come, first served basis’.
- Teachers will not have to do anything more, but they will be able to monitor the status of their registrations by subsequently logging onto the system.