Read the following instructions and if you require assistance, please phone G.A.T.E.WAYS on 03 9894 2116
Only teachers can nominate students for a Eureka program through a school account by adding student names to the G.A.T.E.WAYS system.
- Note the particular focus of these workshops. Participants must be interested in this subject.
- Select up to 9 highly able children from Lower Primary – Years 1, 2 and 3
- Select up to 9 highly able children from Upper Primary – Years 4, 5 and 6
- Please check dates of the program carefully to ensure they do not conflict with school commitments (eg school photos, excursions, concerts, sports’ days etc). Once enrolments are finalised we are unable to give parents refunds.
- Email parents of selected children a program brochure or a link to the relevant pdf on our website, as well as an Expression of Interest.
- G.A.T.E.WAYS has emailed a user name and temporary password to schools. If you cannot locate this information, ring the G.A.T.E.WAYS office on (03) 9894 2116.
- Go the G.A.T.E.WAYS website and log in at the top right corner.
- You will now have access to the currently enrolling Eureka program in your area, or closest to your area. If you would prefer a different area because of a clash of dates, etc., please email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com to let us know which venue you would like your students to have the opportunity of attending.
- Click 'manage' beside the program where you would like to add students.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page, where you will see 'Unassigned Students' in the appropriate grade level. You can click 'add' next to those students, and this will automatically send an email to those parents with an invitation to log in and pay.
- If a student is not already in our system use the radio button 'add new student' and complete all details with an *. You will need to create a new username and password for new students.
- When a student has been nominated they will move from 'Unassigned Students' to the 'Nominations' list above. At this point no place has been held. It is not until the parents pay for the program that the place is held. At that point the names of the students who are successful will move up to the 'Enrolments' list. If the parents attempt to pay and all places are gone, the name will move to the 'Waiting List'
- Teachers do not need to do anything more. If a student's name remains on the 'Nominations' list without progressing it may be that the email address is incorrect and the parent did not receive an invitation, or that the parent has changed their mind in which case the student may be removed and a different student added.