Please note: Due to uncertainties surrounding CO-VID 19, we have been unable to commence planning for a
2020 Challenge. We have made the decision that we will not run the competition in 2020.
Only teachers can nominate students for The Challenge.
Most schools already have an account on the G.A.T.E.WAYS system, please contact our office on (03) 9894 2116 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need help with your account.
The Challenge took place in 13 venues in Term 4, 2019
- There will be a maximum of only 20 teams competing at each venue.
- There are four members in each team.
- In Melbourne and Sydney, schools may enter up to 4 teams at Year 3/4 and 4 teams at Year 5/6 at one venue only.
- In other states, schools can enter 4 teams at both year levels (Year 3 and 4 and Year 5 and 6)
- Email parents of selected children a copy of the Challenges brochure or a link to the relevant PDF on our website, as well as an an Expression of Interest for the appropriate year level.
- Once parents have confirmed an interest in their children being nominated as part of a school team of four, go to the G.A.T.E.WAYS website, login to your account, and enter a team name followed by the names of the 4 team members.
- You will need to repeat this step for each of the teams you wish to nominate.
- Once children are nominated, parents will automatically be notified by email. To progress from a teacher nomination to confirmed places in the program, parents will be prompted to complete the enrolment by doing an online payment. They will receive a receipt with more information about address details, parking, times and what to bring on the day.
- It will be important for coordinators to check that all team members have made payment, and if not, replace that team member with another, to ensure all teams are complete.
- Teachers will be able to track the status of their students' enrolments online.