ADVICE FOR COORDINATORS
In selecting team members please consider:
On the day of the Challenge
- gender balance
- compatibility of team members
- skill balance – members should have advanced skills in the challenge they are to lead
- reading and comprehension skills of all members should be of a high standard.
- enlist the support of a parent to organise team meetings and practices. Each team member should complete the practice activities for all 4 Challenges, not just the Challenge they lead.
- please emphasise to the children the importance of arriving on time
- we recommend that team members be transported together, if possible
- students should wear their school uniform
- parents and teachers are welcome to attend the presentation session
Please download a copy of the Challenge Handbook and Preparation Activities and contact G.A.T.E.WAYS if you require further assistance.
* Some preparation activities include examples and answers. Teachers may wish to remove these before giving the activities to their students.
* Passwords to gain access to the Preparation Activities will be emailed upon registration in an 'Important Information' document
2018 Challenge Handbooks
YEARS 3 and 4 CHALLENGE HANDBOOK 2018
YEARS 3 and 4 CHALLENGE PREPARATION ACTIVITIES
YEARS 5 and 6 CHALLENGE HANDBOOK 2018
CHALLENGE PREPARATION ACTIVITIES YEARS 5 AND 6
ADVICE FOR TEAM MEMBERS
- be aware that you are part of a team
- decide on a team name - keep it short. Eg. Lysterfield Lights, Waverley Wizards
- each member should lead one of the Challenges
- carefully read the Handbook and try to complete the preparation activities
- don't worry if you can't do it all - there will be practice sessions on the day
- ask your teacher for a time to meet regularly
- your team should be able to prepare without too much assistance from your teacher.
- each team member should complete the practice activities for all 4 Challenges, not just the Challenge they lead
- on the day, bring something to write with, a bottle of water, a snack and your lunch.