ADVICE FOR COORDINATORS
In selecting team members please consider:
On the day of the Challenge
- gender balance
- compatibility of team members
- skill balance – members should have advanced skills in the challenge they are to lead
- reading and comprehension skills of all members should be of a high standard.
- enlist the support of a parent to organise team meetings and practices. Each team member should complete the practice activities for all 4 Challenges, not just the Challenge they lead.
- please emphasise to the children the importance of arriving on time
- we recommend that team members be transported together, if possible
- students should wear their school uniform
- parents and teachers are welcome to attend the presentation session
Please download a copy of the Challenge Handbook and Preparation Activities and contact G.A.T.E.WAYS if you require further assistance.
THE CHALLENGE HANDBOOK 2017 YEARS 3 AND 4 and YEAR 3 AND 4 PREPARATION ACTIVITIES
THE CHALLENGE HANDBOOK YEARS 5 AND 6 and YEAR 5 AND 6 PREPARATION ACTIVITIES
Please note that there are examples and answers included in the preparation activities. Teachers may wish to remove these before giving the preparation activities to students.
ADVICE FOR TEAM MEMBERS
- be aware that you are part of a team
- decide on a team name - keep it short. Eg. Lysterfield Lights, Waverley Wizards
- each member should lead one of the Challenges
- carefully read the Handbook and try to complete the preparation activities
- don't worry if you can't do it all - there will be practice sessions on the day
- ask your teacher for a time to meet regularly
- your team should be able to prepare without too much assistance from your teacher.
- each team member should complete the practice activities for all 4 Challenges, not just the Challenge they lead
- on the day, bring something to write with, a bottle of water, a snack and your lunch.