Only teachers can nominate students for The Challenge. Most schools already have an account on the G.A.T.E.WAYS system, please contact our office on (03) 9894 2116 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need help with your account.
The Challenge will take place in 13 venues in Term 4, 2019
- There will be a maximum of only 20 teams competing at each venue.
- There are four members in each team.
- In Melbourne and Sydney, schools may enter up to 4 teams at Year 3/4 and 4 teams at Year 5/6 at one venue only.
- In other states, schools can enter 4 teams at both year levels (Year 3 and 4 and Year 5 and 6)
- Email parents of selected children a copy of the Challenges brochure or a link to the relevant PDF on our website, as well as an an Expression of Interest for the appropriate year level.
- Once parents have confirmed an interest in their children being nominated as part of a school team of four, go to the G.A.T.E.WAYS website, login to your account, and enter a team name followed by the names of the 4 team members.
- You will need to repeat this step for each of the teams you wish to nominate.
- Once children are nominated, parents will automatically be notified by email. To progress from a teacher nomination to confirmed places in the program, parents will be prompted to complete the enrolment by doing an online payment. They will receive a receipt with more information about address details, parking, times and what to bring on the day.
- It will be important for coordinators to check that all team members have made payment, and if not, replace that team member with another, to ensure all teams are complete.
- Teachers will be able to track the status of their students' enrolments online.